Saturday, December 12, 2009

eeeew! It's Weird!

Bet ya thought I wasn't coming hey? I was busy all day, trying to find a quad for a little girl for Christmas, and crafting, and ginger bread house making! I had originally planned on telling you about my bear hunt last spring, but I decided to tell you about dinner tonight. All week long, my husband works long hours driving his logging truck. I always have dinner waiting, and its always things he likes. Plenty of carb-filled, man food. But today, all he did was nap on the couch and watch tv, so I figured I could get away with something a little lighter and a little different than we normally eat. So I made Shrimp Pasta, from the Pioneer Womans site. I loved it! He hated it! Big surprise right! But hated doesn't begin to describe it. He complained, whined and belly ached the entire meal. He managed to shovel in two platefuls, mind you, but the bitching never stopped! It was weird fancy food, he said. Weird and fancy. I didn't know either of those were a crime. Pardon me. Should I have loaded it down with 5 lbs of hamburger? should it have had beer in it instead of white wine? Really, how does someone become so narrow minded when it comes to eating? I like meat and potatoes, don't get me wrong, but every day just gets to be a bit much! It was like someone stole his truck the way he went on about dinner being weird! So, give the recipe a try and let me know what you think, ok?!

No comments:

Post a Comment