Friday, December 11, 2009

I Told You So!

One time, when Shooter was about 2, we went to the cabin. Ellie-May was about 4 months old, I had put her down for a nap and was trying to get dinner going for all of us, and the friends we had brought along, and clean up a bit. Shooter was being a real little bugger about everything, so I asked his dad to take him fishing. As I was asking, he was in the back ground saying, "I ain't goin fishin, I ain't goin. I don't wanna go!" over and over. I thought he would get into it once they got out there. He insisted all the way to the boat that he wasn't going. His dad picked him up and plunked him in the boat. Pushed off, started the motor, and headed out. All the while, I could hear, " I aint fishing, I don't want to go, take me back!" I seen them stop a ways out in the bay to start fishing. I ran back inside and got to work. A few seconds later, the boat started up and came back in. I went outside to see why. I didn't even have time to get back inside, let alone clean up or start dinner!  I go out to the boat, and Shooter jumps out and says, "now I need to go to acadia tire." (Canadian Tire) I look at his dad puzzled, who explains that they got to their spot, he casted Shooters line out, and passed the rod to him. Shooter immediatly fired the fishing rod into the lake and said "told you I ain't fishin!" He then spent the entire weekend crying to go to acadia tire for a new rod.

No comments:

Post a Comment