Friday, December 11, 2009


Life is busy. We have been doing a little of this...
Picture
Picture
Picture
a little of that...
Picture
And getting ready for a whole lotta huntin!
 
Old Fashion Fun10/07/2009
 
Just to be clear before I start, and before someones undies get all in a bunch... the hornet nest I am going to tell you about was under my deck, and right by my basement door, which meant every time you went outside by either way, you were swarmed by hornets. The nest had to go!
As a kid growing up and still to this day, one of our (my whole family, mom and dad included) favorite family past times was throwing rocks at hornets nests. We would drive the quads around till we found one, gather rocks and start pelting. The biggest swarms of the maddest hornets you ever seen would chase us, and someone always got stung at least a few times. I remember one time my mom got stung right in the eye, and she thought someone hit her with a rock. It was so funny. The other day my son and I decided to get rid of the nests that are under our deck, there was 3 of them! He got his uniform on...
Picture
Mine included a great big coat and a helmet with a face shield. I'm not stupid.
Picture
This one was the biggest. We had a few good chases..
Picture
But no one got stung. the hornets must be sleepy this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment