Friday, December 11, 2009

The End of Coolness

With all of the millions of things happening on the internet today, I can't help but feel a little lost. I used to be up to the minute on new technology and how to work things. I was always the one that rapped the video games, set up the new VCR, set up the first computer we ever got, lit the barbecue (omg, I will have to tell you that one one day) but in the last few years I seemed to have turned into my mother. I can remember as a kid watching her trying to play video games with us, or work the computer, and thinking, it's so simple! Why can't she get it? I promised myself right then and there that I would ALWAYS be the best video game player in the house, and that I would not jerk my controller around in hopes that it would make me jump instead of just pushing the jump button, and that my tongue would NOT stick out while doing any of this. But lately, on the internet and computer I am feeling a bit overwhelmed at all the new things going on. Where was I when Flikr was invented? Can someone please explain to me what the heck it is for? I am in the middle of setting up my account because there is an application on my blog site to have something to do with Flikr, but I have no idea what it is! Is there a college of some sort that you all go to learn these new fangled gadgets?  Please tell me before I have to ask my kids. That would be a sad day. The end of my coolness as I know it. I can hear the snickers already..... "ha ha, moms such a dork, she doesn't even know what that is!" I have said the same thing myself, not too many years ago. Sorry Mom. 

No comments:

Post a Comment